Acceptable use policy
THESE RULES SET OUT WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT DO WHEN USING OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE USE
This acceptable use policy (“AUP”) sets out the terms under which you may access the services and access content made available at www.recparenting.com or via our App, (together the “Services“). This AUP supplements all other documents, policies and terms governing your use of our Services. This AUP applies to all users of the Services (“Authorised Users”).
Your use of our Services means that you accept, and agree to abide by, the terms of this AUP, as it may be modified and posted on this website from time to time. If you do not wish to be bound by this AUP you may not use the Services. If you sign up to use any Services which we charge fees for, our Terms and Conditions will apply to such Services in addition.
The Services are operated by REC Parenting Limited (“we/us“), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 13460950 and our registered office is at Salatin House, 19 Cedar Road, Sutton, SM2 5DA, United Kingdom.
- WHAT YOU CANNOT DO
- You may use our Services only for lawful purposes. You therefore may not use our Services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others, or for the purposes of promoting the same;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not, or encourages others to not, comply with our content standards set out in clause 2;
- to encourage other users to use violence or commit illegal or criminal acts;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam) or distribute malware or any items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- to falsify any protocol or email header information (e.g. “spoofing”);
- to collect user content or otherwise search or scrape the Website using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots or scrapers) without our permission;
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware or circumvent our security or authentication measures;
- to represent yourself as our agent, partner or affiliate, or make any representations, warranties or guarantees in respect of the Services;
- for the collection, storage or processing of any personal data, unless you have received prior consent from the individual whose personal data is being used. No special category personal data may be collected;
- for any high-risk use where failure or fault of the Services could lead to death or serious bodily injury of any person, or to severe financial, physical or environmental damage;
- if you are under 18.
- You agree not to:
- use meta tags, hidden text or metadata with our trademark, logo, URL or product name without our written consent;
- upload large amounts of unwanted or repetitive user content, post unsolicited commercial messages in comments, captions or tags, or try to artificially boost views or comments;
- sell or transfer your account details to any other person for compensation;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Services in contravention of the provisions of any agreement you have with us;
- try to gain unauthorised access to or disrupt any part of the Services, data, account or network by any means;
- execute load, stress, performance, penetration or vulnerability tests;
- access without permission, or interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Services, equipment or network from which our Services operate, software used within the Services or equipment, or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- You may not solicit your account details or access any account that belongs to another user, or undertake any related actions that violate the privacy or publicity rights of another user.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents, sensitive financial information or information that is reasonably deemed to be confidential or private within the Services.
- CONTENT STANDARDS
- Our aim is to maintain a safe and secure environment and to keep our Services as a pleasurable experience for everyone. We therefore require that user content must not:
- defame any person;
- discriminate against any person based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe the intellectual property rights of any person;
- copy any person, or misrepresent the identity or affiliation of any person with any other person;
- deceive, or be likely to deceive, any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party (such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence);
- promote illegal activity;
- threaten, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- give the impression that it emanates from or is approved or endorsed by us if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act (such as copyright infringement or computer misuse); or
- When uploading any user content and when placing tags on any images, you will be required to provide us with information about that content to enable other users to access it. You therefore must:
- provide true, accurate and complete information; and
- confirm that the relevant user content is not in breach of any laws both in the UK and the country in which the user content was uploaded;
Failure to comply with the above obligations could result in your account being suspended, disabled or otherwise terminated and the relevant content removed, confiscated and disclosed along with your account details as set out in clause 3.2.
- Any user content that relates to comments must be accurate, genuinely held and compliant with applicable laws in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this AUP through your use of our Services. When a breach of this AUP has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Failure to comply with any provision of this AUP constitutes a material breach of contract and may result in us:
- immediately (whether temporarily or permanently) withdrawing your access to our Services;
- immediate (whether temporarily or permanently) removing any posting or material uploaded by you to our Services;
- issuing a warning to you;
- taking legal proceedings against you for the reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- taking further legal action against you; and
- disclosing such information to law enforcement authorities either as required or as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude all liability for our actions taken in response to breaches of this AUP. The responses described in this AUP are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- USE BY MINORS
The use of any of our Services by anyone under the age of 18 is prohibited. Any account holder registering on behalf of a minor or permitting the use of their account by a minor shall be in breach of this AUP.
- USE OF THE SERVICES
- You hereby acknowledge and agree to us making available any content you provide to any other users of the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that we have no control over any contact between you and any user of the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that we have no control over any contact between you and any therapist who responds to, or with whom you are in contact with via the Services or from whom you receive therapy in any online therapy session.
- We have no liability whatsoever to you in respect of your contact with any user, any therapist or for any advice that is provided to you when using the Services.
- We endeavour to make the Services available at all times, but we cannot be liable if, for any reason, the Services are unavailable to you for any period of time. Access to the Services may be suspended at any time without any notice being given.
- The Services contain data and information, which are protected by trademark, patent and/or copyright laws. Unless otherwise permitted by us, no part of Services may be published, distributed, extracted, re-utilised, or reproduced in any material form (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means and whether or not transiently or incidentally to some other use of this publication) except in accordance with separately agreed permissions or as permitted by the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 or the Copyright and Rights in Databases Regulations 1997, as applicable. We reserve the right at any time at our discretion to withdraw or modify the licences we grant for use of our content.
- We do not accept any liability to you for the accuracy, completeness or suitability for a particular purpose of any content published or made available on or by means of the Services or any advice given by a therapist that you contact or interact with via the Services, unless liability cannot be restricted by any applicable law.
- We will not be liable for any damages arising in contract, tort or otherwise to you from the use of, or inability to use, the Services or another website linked to or from the Services or any material contained therein, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Services or for following any advice given by a therapist. We shall not be liable for any damage which may result from the download, installation, storage or use of software or content from the Services.
- Your use of the Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising out of use of the Services shall be referred to the English courts.
- CHANGES TO THIS AUP
The terms of this AUP may change from time to time and therefore you should review them regularly. We will of course notify you of any changes where we are required to do so. The terms of this AUP were last updated on 01 June 2023 and replace all other AUPs previously applicable.
You may contact us in relation to any queries you have in relation to this AUP, or any documents referred to in it. Please direct all queries to REC Parenting Limited at Salatin House, 19 Cedar Road, Sutton, SM2 5DA, United Kingdom